Saturday, April 24, 2010

The wealthy poor man

"Death of 'Caveman' ends an era in Idaho" (In Tim Woodward, 4/23/10, Idaho Statesman.com, Retrieved on 24 April 2010, from here.). You'd probably say it sucks to be him. But there's no slightest indication that the man thought he lived a miserable life. He was quite contented living in his cave. "I got lots of rocks and rubber tires. I have plenty of straw and fruit and vegetables, my dogs and my cats and my guitars. I make wine to cook with. There's nothing I really need" (In Tim Woodward, 4/23/10, Idaho Statesman.com, Retrieved on 24 April 2010, from here.) The man's name was Richard Zimmerman, a.k.a. "Dugout Dick." He's got no boss, and he never complained about his life. "I have everything here," he said (In Tim Woodward, 4/23/10, Idaho Statesman.com, Retrieved on 24 April 2010, from here.). If so, he must have died a rich man.

No comments: